Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taking Back Sunday

Sundays have become my most dreaded day of the week. Somehow, I have given this day up to loneliness. This is now the sixth day of my work week. Rather than relaxing, I spend my time making lesson plans, cleaning the house, wandering around town, and merely floating.

Despite the demands of scheduling that have redesigned one of my favorite days, Sunday is a casualty of choices that I have made...choices that I wanted to make. I can no longer punish the day, punish myself.

Last week, I did the first good thing for myself that didn't involve anyone else holding my hand, making me commit, needing my help. I ran. I ran away from the ugly feelings threatening to boil over inside of me. I ran through the pain of harsh words and insults. I ran toward freedom.

This Sunday, I will run, first thing, when my children leave for the day. Sunday will no longer belong to everyone else...anyone else. It is time for me to reclaim what I love and enjoy about life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We fianlly got around to figuring out what you were up to. Your blog is really a wonderful challenge. It brings back a lot of memories of life gone by for me; time past and long gone; wishes abandoned for lack of time; the importance of making use of 'now.' And you are an incredible writer, I'm really glad you're sharing with us. I hope you expand to the outside world, it could benefit a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete